SES Journal of Applied Philosophy is a peer-reviewed journal and does not accept previously published contributions. All submissions will be anonymously reviewed by at least two members of our board of editorial consultants. Authors will receive communication on the reviews issued, guaranteeing the confidentiality of the referees. The paper will be sent to a third reviewer if there is a conflict of decision between the first two reviewers. The final decisions on submissions, including requests for revisions, are the responsibility of the editors.
Submission Preparation List
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check if their submission is compliant with all of the following items. Please take note that submissions may be returned to authors who do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it reviewed in another journal for publication.
- Articles should be about 4,000 to 8,000 words long, including notes and references. The manuscript should include an abstract of no more than 200 words.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or OpenOffice document file format.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements of the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Manuscripts should be prepared for blind review. The article itself should contain no reference to the author’s identity.
By publishing in this journal, the author agrees to transfer and assign to Social Ethics Society, the copyright to the article in any form, including any and all rights, interests and claims related to it.
The author does retain the following rights:
- The right to make further copies of the published article for their use in classroom teaching.
- The right to reuse all or part of the published article in a compilation of his or her own works or in textbooks of which they are the author or coauthor.
- The right to make copies of the published article for internal distribution within their academic institution.
- All proprietary rights other than copyright, such as patent rights.
The author must also guarantee that:
- The article is his or her original work, and has not been published previously and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- It does not contain any matter that is obscene, libelous, or contrary to law.
- They have obtained the necessary license or written authority and paid any and all related fees for the use and reproduction of text, tables, illustrations and other copyrighted work from the owners of the intellectual property rights.
- In the event that they intend to republish, reprint or translate all or part of the Article in other publications, they will secure the prior written permission from the journal Editor.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. When necessary, authors are responsible for the ethical approval of their texts.